There are photos of Morris in Suffolk from about the turn of the C19, then a long gap until the 1930s when we have pictures of the "Suffolk Morris Men" who were part of the English Folk Dance & Song Society (EFDSS) Sudbury Centre. The 1939 / 45 War effectively ceased this group as members were dispersed - or worse by the conflict. In 1934, George Parsons - a teacher at Summerhill School in Leiston and a member of the Suffolk MM, made "Billy" the Hobby Horse who is still with East SuffolK Morris Men. ("Billy's Story")
Also in the 1930s, an enthusiastic teacher - Leslie Ford, was teaching boys Morris and Country Dancing at Priory Heath School in Ipswich. When boys left school (often at 14 in those days), they could join the "Nonesuch Morris Men" until National Service days after which they were eligable to join the "Ipswich Morris Men"
In time, the Ipswich men
dwindled to a small number as members grew old or had other conflicting interests.
In the meantime, Des Herring had moved from the West Country to Suffolk and
joined the Suffolk
Men but preferred to start a fresh Side in 1958 - the East Suffolk Morris
Men (ESMM).By 1965 the remaining Suffolk Men had migrated to join ESMM.